Curriculum Resources
Take learning to the next level and transform the way you teach with a vast library of ready-to-use, standards-aligned, adaptable curriculum resources. The resources listed below are either available with an Online Learning Subscription which allows you to instruct, assess and track student performance or as individual hands-on classroom resources which can be purchased. Choose from Multimedia Lessons, Curriculum Mastery Games, Flip Charts, Visual Learning Guides, Flash Cards, Vocabulary Cards, and Curriculum Modules available on our online store. PREMIUM ONLINE LEARNING SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS
  • Select By Standard
    • General Science
    • Life Science / Biology
    • Human Body
    • Earth Science
    • Physical Science
    • Chemistry
    • Math
    • Language Arts
    • Social Studies

Mechanical Advantage and Efficiency

Science, Grade 6

1. Mechanical Advantage and Efficiency
To calculate mechanical efficiency, divide work output by work input and multiple by 100. For example, you do 3,000 joules of work pushing a box up a ramp. The work done by the ramp is 2,400 joules. The mechanical efficiency of the ramp is 2,400 divided by 3,000, times 100. This equals 80%. That means the other 20% of the work input was used to overcome friction.
© Copyright 2012-2019 NewPath Learning. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Notice * Terms of Use